W Design Studios is a full service interior design, event and lifestyle consulting firm. Let us simplify your life, make it more organized and beautiful.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mon Petit Chou...


... my little cabbage, I remember my best friend Maria explaining to me this french term of endearment and thinking it was just perfect.  Why is it that anything in French sounds like the most elegant, romantic proclamation of love?   I am positive the French do not have a day dedicated to expressing ones feelings as we do, instead they practice the art of passion daily.  Maybe that should be our new approach to love, practice makes perfect!



Alas, we have Valentine's day and for me it is a fun day to remind my friends and family that I love them.  I remember decorating shoe boxes in Elementary school, to create a "mailbox" for the many Valentines that I would receive from classmates.  I can recall in second grade when a boy in my class made a card out of construction paper and white paper doilies.  He  had written "you are pretty" and his name, which shall remain anonymous, on the inside of the card.  Why can't we all be that straightforward?
I admire that boy's direct approach as well as his homemade note, and I do enjoy a homemade Valentine card.  There is something about getting a little note from a friend on February 14th or any day really that feels special.  This Valentine's Day celebrate your friendships and the people who mean the most to you.  A great place to find handmade cards and stationary that are both personal and fun is my great friend Melanie's etsy store, Verbage !  Melanie along with many of her graphic savvy friends have just launched their store selling one of a kind notes, postcards and stationary.  Their collection of sassy, off-beat, non-traditional and "irreverent" valentines just came out and is ready to ship!  Mel can guarantee shipping by Feb. 10th if you order by Friday at 5pm.



Office Love Mini Cards by Verbage


Consider Yourself... by Verbage


GIVE AWAY...


So to entice you all to share your most embarrassing, romantic or silly valentine's day memory I am going to give away a set of Melanie's XO mini cards for the best story!    I encourage you to leave your comments here for everyone to enjoy and visit Verbage.  


Happy Valentines Day!



Photography by Anna Kuperburg via Snippet and Ink


No comments:

Post a Comment