W Design Studios is a full service interior design, event and lifestyle consulting firm. Let us simplify your life, make it more organized and beautiful.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Love Blue

I have always loved blue, especially deep, nautical, navy blue.  It always looks crisp and classic, especially paired with bright white accents or moody grey.  I have completed a few home designs that utilized a dark navy palette.  The pictures below are from House Beautiful's Kitchen of the Month section and I think it is an elegant example of how blue can be utilized.  The white Carrara marble is so beautiful, albeit extremely high maintenance, but the simplicity of the design and the bold color makes this space worthy of the "kitchen of the month" title.

I love the size of this island and the huge window over the sink.  
I also love having the extra wall oven for big baking jobs!



The square farm house sink takes simplicity to heart and is classic yet modern.


This kitchen is boasts traditional cabinetry and yet remains young and fresh because of the bold color and the minimalist detailing.



Photos via House Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment