W Design Studios is a full service interior design, event and lifestyle consulting firm. Let us simplify your life, make it more organized and beautiful.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Sipping Toddies By The Fire

All this week I have been obsessively checking out my new iPhone app, Ski Report. This very cool little program lists all of your favorite ski locations and gives you weather reports, new snowfall amounts and comments and pictures of the slope conditions. I am drooling over the fact that here in the mid-atlantic we have actually had some decent snowfall, including 5" of new snow at Wisp in Maryland just yesterday! Maybe I should go skiing tomorrow! Well, all of this cold weather and visions of snowy ski mountains makes me think about beautiful ski lodge design. After a long day of skiing or boarding there is nothing like cozy-ing up to a crackling fire, hot toddy in hand in a gorgeous lodge. I have found a variety of spaces some appropriately rustic and inviting and a few with a contemporary take. I hope you can enjoy these until you too can hit the slopes!



The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, Colorado


The Main Living Room at The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch. I hung out here for a few hours, took a nap and drank hot chocolate after a long day of skiing last year. It was such a warm and inviting place, complete with ski check at the door and slippers to wear by the fire!




Beautiful Idre Fjall ski lodge in Sweden.



Contemporary lodge at The Omnia in Switzerland



Ralph Lauren design with beautiful textures and that traditional rustic feel.



Ralph Lauren's rustic bedroom, wouldn't you like to just cozy up in this room with a good book?!



The Verbier in Switzerland suites with in room fireplace and contemporary lodge feel.



I'm not sure where this great lodge is located but the view is spectacular as are those leather poof chairs.



I really enjoyed this photo because I thought it was a great example of how to apply lodge design to your own home with a contemporary flair.















No comments:

Post a Comment