W Design Studios is a full service interior design, event and lifestyle consulting firm. Let us simplify your life, make it more organized and beautiful.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Old Dogs Can Learn New Tricks!




I love animals, I have been dreaming of getting a dog, someone to greet me lovingly at the door when I get home every night.  Alas, a dog is not in my near future.  So instead I started thinking about how to add animals in to my decor.  I also love vintage advertisements, a client of mine just chose the striking monkey above for his dining area.  He commands the attention of everyone in the room (the monkey that is) and he adds a liveliness to the atmosphere.  That is why I love the collection of prints below, these are just a few of the wonderful examples of vintage animal posters that are available with just a little internet searching.  They make a great statement and can add a punch of color to an otherwise neutral space or  some playfulness to set off a more serious room.  And that best thing about these pieces are that they can be integrated into almost any type of design and they work well as a stand alone piece or grouped with other art / decorative objects.








These two prints are great examples of Charley Harper art.  A graphic designer who was very prolific from the 50's through the 90's.  He produced many pieces featuring animals, some advertisements and others simply beautiful graphic compositions.





I love this little licorice juggling dog.  He is so lively and the colors and graphic style are classic!






A very famous print, Le Chat Noir, is wonderful.  The colors are so rich and by changing your framing this will work in a multitude of spaces.





I adore this Good Housekeeping print, it would look fabulous in a very sophisticated little girls room




How cute is the schnauzer above?  He adds a great pop of color and fun to a white on white room.



I have just started compiling my Amazon store online called The List.  This will feature many of the great products that I review as well as my favorite books, design products and more including some of these posters.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment