W Design Studios is a full service interior design, event and lifestyle consulting firm. Let us simplify your life, make it more organized and beautiful.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Fill You Home with Holiday Smells

My favorite thing about Christmas are all of the wonderful smells that seem to fill the home around the holidays. From the fresh pine tree, sugar cookies and cinnamon baking in the oven and the woody smell of a log burning fire. All of these smells remind me of friends and family and being together during this special time of year.

One of my favorite things to make that really brings the best of holiday scents together are traditional Orange Pomander Balls. These decorative balls have a long history dating back to the 15th century when they were used to freshen closets or drawers. Even queens wore pomander balls on their wrists so that a wonderful aroma would follow them around. I like to make a half dozen of these and sit them in a beautiful bowl or add a ribbon and hang them from the most unexpected places~





I must admit, I haven't made my pomander balls yet so this picture is from one of my favorite blogs Habitually Chic

You can made your own gorgeous holiday aromatic using oranges, and whole cloves. Here are some simple directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment